Saturday 9 February 2019

FAIRYTALES

It's been ten long days and ten longer nights.
But the fire within still burns bright.
Running through the forests in search of gold
Anxious to know how my story will unfold.
News on the street was that he's missing.
Maybe stuck in a tree, poor Prince Charming.
Determined to find him, I continue my quest.
Only the weak stop for food, shelter or rest.

ENDING 1...

The castle is now visible in the moonlight quite pale
In the centre of the room, sits a Prince, thin and frail.
Eyes full of admiration, he's rejoiced to see,
That I've sailed across oceans to set him free.
Helpless yet hopeful, he takes my hand.
Eager to go with me in a far away land.
Headlines will read: "Dame saves the Knight"
The events of the evening were indeed a delight.
Mounted on the horse, we jump the castle wall.
This story has a fairytale ending after all.

ENDING 2...

The castle is now visible in the moonlight quite pale
I'm anxious to unveil the truth that the darkness entails.
Something is shining in the corner of the room
Seeing my reflection takes away my gloom.
I finally did find gold on this long quest
Crossing all obstacles, passing all tests.
The journey made me fall in love, it's true
But I'll be discovering myself, who knew?
My saviour turned out to be the mirror on the wall
This story has a fairytale ending after all.

ENDING 3...

The castle is now visible in the moonlight quite pale
But it's been abandoned! Oh, a twist in the tale!
The windows have been broken, pieces of glass all around
I search everywhere but the Prince is nowhere to be found.
With a heavy heart, I head back to my city,
I can hear the town talking, their eyes full of pity.
Seeing me approach the door, my Prince Charming rises.
Oh my, he's here! Today's been full of surprises.
Eyes meet, lips kiss, in his arms I fall,
This story has a fairytale ending after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment