Monday 13 January 2014

Silver linings

The walls that protected me,
And the hands that used to guide,
The pillars of support I could fall on,
Are no longer by my side.

I wiped my tears as I hugged them,
and then I cried some more,
A last glimpse over my shoulder,
And I walked out the door.

I did not know what lay in front of me,
What would come my way.
It was dark and scary,
Today, the clouds were grey.

And then the realization struck me,
To preach what I had been taught.
That losers never won,
and winners always fought.

I knocked on several doors,
To find the right key.
Tests and trials given,
To see what is suitable for me.

Step by step I reached here,
A longer way to go,
Neither mike nor stage knew me,
The faces, I didn't know.

Some glistening eyes, some friendly smiles,
Some welcoming voices too,
People who would walk with me
When everything was new.

This is a time of transformations
A time of new beginnings,
It might not be so bad after all,
Grey clouds, too, have silver linings.

8 comments: